How Subscriptions Work
Subscriptions take two forms:
1) you choose a type of subscription
- A predetermined number of books, paid up front (ideal as a gift, you set the length & we send with a gift message in email & first bundle!)
- A rolling subscription, paid on the same date as your initial payment each month.
2) you give us the email address to send the subscription & activation details to
3) if a gift, the recipient will 'activate' the account using the link emailed, and input a delivery address. At this point the subscription is 'live'.
4) on the 20th of each month we start prepping parcels for all who have subscribed
5) on the last wednesday of the month we will post your bundle & email you your virtual offering (using the details in the subscriber page)
6) you/the recipient is *thrilled* by their delivery a few days later! You read the book & explore the online delights (take part in a bookclub, watch a Q&A with the author or tune in for an event, that sort of thing).
More answers to FAQs about subscriptions HERE.
BEACON: A Current Affairs Subscription
The Beacon bundle is your bookish companion to current affairs and a reflection of our bookshop: activist, anticapitalist, feminist, intersectional. Built around annual milestones, such as Pride and Black History Month, the bundle is also nimble enough to reflect events and debates as they arise.
Beacon is a great way to read beyond the headlines on today's big issues - from disability justice and climate activism to trans rights, government corruption, and refugee solidarity. In addition, we’ll pair your book with further reading, and further action.
Each bundle will feature:
- A non fiction book carefully selected and introduced by one of the Lighthouse family
- A special digital offering - such as an author introduction, author Q&A, video reading etc.
- What Next suggestions - including a further-reading list and an introduction to organisations, community groups and social enterprises working to tackle some of the issues the book addresses, as well as any campaigns taking place at the time of dispatch.
- A bookmark & sticker
All the above joyfully delivered in an eco-friendly parcel with as little packaging as possible!
Your very first book will also come with a Lighthouse canvas bag so it'll look something like this: