Book Fringe 2022
- 05.08.2022 : 11:30 - 14:30
The Book Fringe is Edinburgh's free, bookshop run, alternative August literary festival.
The Book Fringe is a community focused celebration that embraces the spirit of indie bookselling by reflecting the passions of our team.
Entirely programmed and delivered in-house, our 2022 Fringe is a special PoliNations Edition - offering a timely focus on nature and the legacies of migration and cultural exchange.
The 2022 Book Fringe promises visitors:
- 16 events rooted in environmental, feminist and anti-racist politics.
- 2 DAILY lunchtime events from Friday 5th - Friday 12th August, at 12pm & 1.30pm
- Over 30 speakers. Panels feature award-winning writers, activists & community organisers, while also drawing in voices from comedy, film and beyond to deliver something fresh and focused on ideas and connection. The Book Fringe highlights local talent (two thirds of our speakers are Scotland based) and writers still too often overlooked by mainstream festivals; half our speakers are writers of colour, and most are LGBTQ+ or working class.
- A hybrid offering, with events taking place in the bookshop or bookshop garden AND online as part of Lighthouse's continued commitment to safety, accessibility & inclusion. Higgh quality recordings will be made available after the events, but a basic livestream will be on offer for most events to view live. (This is due to the technical challenges of doing events outdoors in Scotland's changeable weather!)
- ALL events are free, and in the spirit of the Fringe half of all spaces are reserved for walk-ins. (please note by quirk of contruction, our homemade website has to charge 'something' for some tickets so we have £1 voucher tickets, but absolutely feel free to book the free ones!)
- Nuanced discussions on nature writing, climate justice, place & belonging, language, legacies & more.